Thursday, July 01, 2004

It Ends Tonight

For Greece, at any rate. I can confidently predict that the match that begins in 5 minutes will see the Greeks heading home at the end of it, even if they manage to give a respectable performance against the Czechs. Sunday's Euro 2004 final is going to be a Portugal vs. Czech Republic clash, with the Czechs tipped to win barring some dodgy refereeing (of which this tournament has certainly seen its fair share).

POSTSCRIPT: Shown up yet again! I just can't believe this! How could Greece have won this match? I don't like it in the slightest, and I certainly don't accept that the best team won; from now on I'll be rooting for Portugal.

What a rotten match that was. If this sort of football is what we can expect from the Greeks, the final on Sunday simply won't be worth watching.