Monday, May 10, 2004

Changes

I'm taking advantage of the new capabilities being offered by Blogger, by updating my site template. This has two benefits:

  1. Permalinks will now have human-readable names.
  2. Comments will now be hosted on Blogger, so there should be no more occasions on which the site is available but commenting facilities aren't. From now on, they'll both go down together ... :-)
Unfortunately, it will take a while for me to figure out a way to import all the old comments from Haloscan, so I hope no one takes it personally that their masterpieces of insight aren't available for the world to see in the interim ...

NB - Links on other sites to my older posts should still continue to work, so access to old comments will still be available through that route.

POSTSCRIPT: It's been pointed out to me that the Blogger commenting facility has an annoying limitation - one either has to log into a Blogger account or post anonymously. I'm trying to see if something can be done about this, and if I can't figure something out within a day or two, I'll switch back to the Haloscan commenting facility instead.

POST-POSTCRIPT: I've decided not to bother waiting for Blogger-hosted comments to be fixed. It's back to Haloscan for now!