Monday, April 19, 2004

The NYU Campus

In a New York Times letter on college rankings, a reader lets out that he (she?) decided against attending New York University because "the urban campus made me desire the peace and quiet I had found at other colleges", which only goes to show just how badly flawed the US News system of ranking is; where this individual decided against attending NYU because of its location, I probably would have decided for that institution precisely for that reason, as I can't imagine that there's a more exciting, interesting place for a young person to live than downtown Manhattan, with the probable exception of Tokyo's Shibuya and Azabu districts. I'm fundamentally a city boy at heart - anything less than 5 million residents and I start to feel lost in the boondocks ...